Dark Days: Ellie Harrison
Date: 13 – 14 February 2015
Space: Gallery 1
An event by Ellie Harrison offering one hundred participants the unique opportunity to stay the night in the great hall of the Gallery of Modern Art in Glasgow as part of a pop-up community.
The one-hundred participants who stayed in Gallery 1 overnight formed groups of three or more people and find something in common. This was part of an exercise for consensus decision making initiated by the group Tripod which was responsible for the organization of the activities taking place in the first part of the night. Each group discussed about a topic which was allocated to by Tripod with the aim of reaching a consensus. During the second part of the night, people were responsible to decide how they would spend their night at the museum.
Film: Dark Days By Lock Up Your Daughters
Artists: Ellie Harrison
• Video of the Week: Ellie Harrison’s ‘Dark Days’
• Dark Days Follow-Up
• Dark Days with Ellie Harrison
• Volunteers are eager to enjoy a night at museum
• Dark Days interview
• A Night at the Museum with a Difference
• Sleepover at Glasgow Gallery of Modern Art set for new project about future use of council buildings